The CDP helps you finance commercial, small business and other economic development loans at below market rates and various terms.
FHLBank Topeka’s Community Development Program (CDP) is a special advance program authorized by the Federal Housing Finance Agency's (FHFA) Community Investment Cash Advance regulations. The CDP provides wholesale loans (advances) priced below FHLBank’s regular advance rates to help members finance qualifying commercial loans, farm loans and community and economic development initiatives in the areas they serve. This favorable pricing, coupled with the availability of funds in terms of four months to 30 years, helps lenders extend long-term, fixed rate credit for community development. Comparable funding for owner-occupied and rental housing is available through FHLBank’s Community Housing Program (CHP) advances.
CDP ADVANCE PRODUCTS AND PROGRAMS
- Regular fixed rate advances
- Callable advances
- Amortizing fixed rate advances
- Adjustable rate advances
- Agricultural loans for operating, equipment, breeding stock, real estate or refinancing;
- Commercial and small business loans for real estate, equipment, rolling stock, or refinancing;
- Community loans for infrastructure, public facilities, or equipment;
- Nonprofit lending for churches, schools, daycares and museums; and
- Purchase of a participation interest in or actually participating in a loan consortium for CDP-eligible projects.